High Price Range
Handcrafted in solid Ash and stained Honey Oak for consistency of color, this rowing machine is not only stunning but it’s also one of the best and most powerful machines you could ever find. WaterRower claims to have used wood because of its marvellous engineering properties, one of them is its ability to absorb sound and vibration to make this rowing machine quiet no matter how fast you row. Ash was used because it’s a high-quality hardwood that can stand the test of time. If you buy this, you can worry not about nature because their woods are harvested from replenishable forests. To keep the wood warm, it’s even hand-finished with Danish Oil. This is one stunning rowing machine, indeed.
The Natural Rowing Machine features a flywheel that sits in enclosed water tank to provide smooth, quiet, and self-regulated resistance. It assures dynamic resistance and allows you to select the level of intensity that meets your needs. Its WaterFlywheel cups move water with the use of a paddle, simulating realistic rowing action. The rule of cubes controls the ratio of resistance and speed of this machine.
The WaterRower also has an amazing, high-functional S4 Performance Monitor. Though this large LCD screen is placed on one side and too far back to see clearly, it’s still one of the best monitors on a rowing machine. It displays all the workout information you need to know. It shows your exercise time per 500 meters and per two kilometers; watts; rowing intensity in meters per second and miles per hour; Kcalories burned per hour; the distance covered in meters, kilometers, and miles; your speed; number of strokes; and your heart rate, which requires a separate attachment.
When in use, the dimensions are 82.25 in. x 22.25 in. x 20 in. Meanwhile, the dimensions are 20 in. x 22.25 in. x 82.25 in. when stored. It weighs 66.5 but when filled with 17 litres of water, it becomes 103.5 lbs.
Let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of having this rowing machine at your home.
• Well-made and solid
• Aesthetic natural wood
• Has a five-year warranty for the frame and three-year warranty for its parts
• Has a very functional Performance Monitor
• S4 Performance Monitors starts up fast and works efficiently
• Monitor can be plugged in to the computer for more features
• The LCD display is large and can be easily read
• Has the most comfortable seat you can ever encounter
• Can be easily stored by positioning the machine vertically and keep it in a convenient space
• Whooshing sound of the rower simulates a realistic rowing scenario
• Monitor can’t be reached with ease
• May be uncomfortable to use if your legs are too bulky
• Footrests are uncomfortable if you’re tall
• LCD could use a backlight
• The arm pull motion is not always smooth throughout the rowing session
You may need to pop a water purifier tablet in the tank once in a while to stop it from getting green, but that’s an easy task. Truth be told, this is one outstanding rowing machine. If you’re willing to spend more, then don’t think twice. For its quality and features, it’s clearly worth your $1,000.